Review- Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas

This year, I quite wanted to review Lethal Weapon so that I could finally get round to it but I realised that last year, I reviewed two Christmas films I love so I figured I must repent for my sinful enjoyment and watch this pile of shit. Fun fact for you fact fans out there, this movie is currently the 4th worst rated movie on IMDb which is incredibly impressive. It should be lower.


Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas is the story of Kirk Cameron attending his sister's Christmas party. It's a lovely time for all, apart from one; his brother in law. It seems like someone's being a scrooge and he's trying to find the meaning in Christmas now. What can all these trees, snow globes and Santa mean? Where's the Christ in Christmas? Well, it's at the start isn't it but Kirk Cameron clearly doesn't know that because he's an idiot, as evidenced by his decision to make this film. So yeah, it's basically that, for the whole film. Oh wait, did I forget the hip hop freestyle dance at the end that lasts 5 minutes or the Santa dubstep smack down? Because yeah, this film also has that and they're nowhere near as good as they sound, even in a bad way.

Here I usually talk about the acting or something but that barely seems worthwhile. The acting does feel like all the actors were taken from an actual Christmas party and Kirk told them that if they took part in this film, he'd leave them alone forever. Given that deal, the presence of the actors in this movie now makes sense. Speaking of which, I guess I'll talk about Kirk. He's narrating over the whole thing in the single most smug and patronising way possible. I'll get to that in a minute but there is not one likable moment in his or any other character's personality. There is not one likable character and that's before I even mention the obnoxiously camp black guy who is clearly just there to prove how much Kirk Cameron, and therefore all Christians, love the minorities. It's clumsy, just like the handling of every single other thing in this shit wreck.

I feel like I have to address the crucifix wearing elephant in the room now: this film is irritatingly Christian. Now, before I go any further, I would just like to say that I don't hate Christians or Christianity. After watching this film, I almost feel like I could. Kirk tries so hard to make Christmas cool and Christian. For God's sake, the tagline is  "put Christ back in Christmas". Like I say, nothing against Christians but you should get rid of this guy. He is creating an awful name for you guys and I don't think you, or any other humans, deserve this speaking pile of spunk. Just saying he has the charisma of a pile of spunk is offensive to spunk everywhere. So congratulations Kirk Cameron, you've dethroned David Cameron as most obnoxious person with Cameron as a surname.

The moment I realised how much I hated this film was when afterwards, I noticed that I hadn't felt any emotions since the film started. This film is so bad that it created a black hole of emotions in my heart and I'm not exaggerating, I swear. This film is actually incomprehensibly bad. I still can't quite get over how awful it is and I simply can't recommend it any less. That's why Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas gets the abysmal score of


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 7- Reasons Johnny Depp is a piece of shit

Review- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip

Do You Feel Like A Hero Yet? - The Last of Us and Violence in Context