Review- Comic Con 2105's Trailers

It may have been a bit over a week ago now but I feel it's still apporpriate for us to talk about some of the amazing (and less than amazing) trailers that came out of this year's Comic Con. I'm only reviewing ones that exist as an officially released version. Trailers like Deadpool will not feature for this reason. So let's buckle up and get ready for some trailers for films that may not even live up to the hype!

TV

Super Mansion

First up, a show that no one was really aware of before the convention but now, it's got the attention of a lot of people for good reason. This trailer won people over with it's Robot Chicken-esque style and a very mature sense of humour. The show (from what we can tell) is about Bryan Cranston's character (because yes, Bryan Cranston is in this) who is a bit of a crap ex-superhero, attempting to make a comeback with his team of heroes. The story doesn't matter here, what matters is that we have an amazing cast delivering what looks like some hilarious dialogue. And the best bit? It's on Crackle, a totally free service. I'm looking forward to this show quite a bit and if nothing else, I know I'll be checking this out.


Doctor Who

Steven Moffat, I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed. After a completely lack luster Christmas special, I've started to lose my faith in Doctor Who and this trailer does nothing to bring me back. Put simply, it just looks like the last season but with slightly better visuals. It looks flashier and that's neat and all but I'd like something... Something new. Something better. Sure, I get that you don't want to disappoint hardcore fans but your audience isn't just hardcore fans. You also have an audience who want some good TV and you can absolutely pander to both audiences. So Steven, please try harder. You had a good thing going, let's get back to that.


Fear the Walking Dead

I'll be the first to admit that the TV show of The Walking Dead started to bore me pretty early on. It's sad because it's based off an excellent comic and had a lot of potential for a zombie show. Sadly, it fell through and I've long since given up on it. But the spin-off has won me over with it's new trailer. It's pretty undeniable that the most interesting part of a zombie outbreak is the initial outbreak. After that, it becomes samey, with attack after attack. Tensions rise, tensions fall, tensions rise again. Anyway, the spin-off looks at life as the outbreak begins and it just looks outright good. It's dark, it's gritty and it looks to be damn emotional too. AMC, you've won me back. I just hope for both of our sake's that the show is actually anywhere near as good as you've promised it to be.



Films

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Probably the biggest trailer to come out of Comic Con and in fairness, it is for the biggest film of next year. And there's a lot to it. First off, we see plenty of Ben Affleck as both Batman and Bruce Wayne. Both look pretty amazing and I'm totally sold on it. We see more of Henry Cavill of Superman which we've already seen a film of but still, he looks like Superman. There's a moment or two of Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and while it looks pretty cool, I don't know how she fits into the film or whether it will make it too crowded. Jeremy Irons surprised literally no one by being an amazing Alfred. The only real weak spot is Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. While it's not terrible, it isn't Lex Luthor either. You look at him and say "yup, that's the dude from The Social Network". Still, Luthor aside, the film has brought me round from cautious to cautiously optimistic. I'm looking forward to this and I just hope it doesn't totally bugger itself over.


Star Wars Episode VII

Not technically a real trailer here for Star Wars but a behind the scenes type video on the must see movie of the year. We get a bit of real footage, some interviews with cast and a look at how the movie is using an amazing amount of practical effects. This clip is just a really exciting thing for a Star Wars fan to see and I just recommend you check it out because it looks so cool and there's too much for me to explain. It's not a trailer but it is awesome..


Suicide Squad

I'm not going to lie, I've been quietly optimistic about Suicide Squad for a while and this trailer has finally given me some concrete reason to be excited. I'm delighted with how all the characters look. We haven't seen enough of them in action to know anything further than that but all the characters look like villains, which is perfect. Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is pretty much perfect. She's just the right mix of stylish, sexy and scary. It's the Harley Quinn that comic book fans and cosplayers deserve and from what the trailer showed, it's the role she was born to play. But now, the big part of the trailer. What has everyone talking. The Joker. Something that a lot of people forget about The Joker is that each actor who has portrayed him has their own Joker. Their portrayal doesn't just vanish. Each Joker, be it Nicholson, Ledger or Hamill is heralded for their own reasons and I think that Leto's Joker will join them. I look at this portrayal and say "I believe that this man would beat people to death for shits and giggles". That's power. It may just have been ten seconds or so of him but I want more of the Joker and I definitely want to see more of the Suicide Squad. I eagerly await it's release next August.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 7- Reasons Johnny Depp is a piece of shit

Review- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip

Do You Feel Like A Hero Yet? - The Last of Us and Violence in Context